Modern argyle

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fellowship of the unashamed

Rowlett Hermanas on exchanges
My sweet Hermana Brightman amazes me each week with how much she is increasing in her testimony of the Lord! She has always been strong and it is amazing to see her growing stronger in the gospel daily. 

 I’ve been thinking about the account of Martha and Mary in New Testament. In Luke 10:38-42, these very short verses seem to speak volumes. There are times I find myself “cumbered about in much serving”, and I think there is a time for that, but Christ tells Martha that as Mary sat as his feet and listened to all that he taught, which was very uncharacteristic of women in that era, she had “chosen the good part”.  I love the time I am able to devote to learning more about our Savior, and my role as a woman in these latter-days. If you have not yet read the Ensign I encourage you to read The Spiritual Influence of Women. I watch my sweet Hermana Lauren choosing  ‘the good part’ and strengthening those around her. It makes my heart so full of pure joy!

I was able to meet up with the missionary momma of sweet Hermana Brightman’s trainer, Hermana Pollock!! It was so amazing! We find joy and strength in other missionary mommas!

Here is her email from this week. 13 April 2015 (the poem is one that was included in her “son”shine package. I got the idea from Haley)

"I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed, the die has been cast, I have stepped over the line, the decision has been made- I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed vision, worldly talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I won't give up, shut up, let up until I have stayed up, stored up and prayed up for the cause of Jesus Christ.
I must go til He comes, give til I drop, preach til everyone knows, work til He stops me and when He comes for His own, He will have no trouble recognizing me because my banner will have been clear."


This is what I have strived to make my motto this week. Remember that there is no such thing as coincidence and that no effort is wasted. Living and working and serving with no excuses and no regrets. And this week has sure been an adventure. From exchanges to finding new people to finally getting back in touch with people we haven't seen in a while.
Last Monday we found someone that had been taught a while ago but had to deal with physical therapy appointments and hadn't been able to meet with missionaries in a while. We taught her a great lesson and are going back tonight.
Friday was.... a miracle. We were able to meet with Betzabeth again! Renee is in and out of the hospital for blood transfusions. But Betzabeth and her boyfriend are getting married on Saturday! She invited us. We're going to try to get permission to go out of our area to go. Hopefully we can! and then once things settle down she's going to set a baptismal date so they can go through the temple as soon as possible!

And then Saturday we had exchanges and I realized that the world gets a lot smaller when you throw an LDS mission into the mix. The girl I was companions with knows a lot of my friends from Colorado that I grew up with!!!
Well, that's all for now.
Con amor,
Hermana Brightman

 
Hermanas Brightman and Watts on exchanges


Plano Zone at Mongolian Grill

Hermana Pollock's momma and I. We met at the Seattle temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment