Modern argyle

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Many Mighty Miracles

Hermana Brightman with her trainer Hermana Pollock
First, it has been quite the week and I apologize for just getting to posting Hermana Brightman’s email! It is amazing to hear from our wonderful Hermana Brightman again!! It was two weeks between emails as she left the CCM and entered the field. I was able to get a note card from her before P-day though J
My heart has been full of the love our Savior, for many reasons this week. First, I have found that I have to lean on him more than I ever have in my life in order to be a strong missionary momma (and keep my tears in my secret places). Oh they come! But through leaning on The Lord I am able to focus those tears into support for our sweet Hermana Brightman and support for our local missionaries. (side note) As she has entered the field I have realized just how important it is for the missionary mommas at home to know that their sweet Elders or Sisters are being taken care of by missionary mommas in the field! Second, as sisters in our church we have to privilege to be the Savior’s hands here on the earth. We get to visit with other sisters on a regular basis to help in any way possible with physical needs and strengthen each other spiritually. This year we have been sharing the message of the attributes of Jesus Christ. Oh what a joy this has been! I love to study on those qualities to help us become more like him. Finally, with Easter quickly approaching, I have a renewed sense of gratitude for the atonement and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and it fills my soul with joy and comfort!
If you have not had the opportunity to watch the video, Because He lives, please click and watch.

Many Mighty Miracles
Oh man, where do I start? This week has been a roller coaster for sure, but I've definitely seen miracles and the hand of God every single day.

Monday we flew to Dallas. It was a pretty short flight and Hna Schreiner was the only one who sat by a non-missionary on the plane. She ended up giving him a Book of Mormon and he was SUPER into it! It was beautiful. We all were kind of tuned into the conversation from our different places on the plane :P We got to the airport and as we left security, President and Sister Taylor were there waiting for us along with their assistants. Seriously, coming out and seeing them was like being greeted by family. It was the best. We had a little meeting at the Meandering Way chapel and then went to their house for dinner and FHE. Something that President Taylor really emphasizes is PRO, Pray Read Obey. Every day. Its so simple but this really does bring miracles.

Tuesday I met my FABULOUS trainer, Hermana Pollock. Seriously she's great. I love having her as my trainer and friend. It has been a great ride so far and I am excited for it to keep on going.

Our mission president is also super big on having a vision. We have a vision as a mission and then we've each made individual vision statements as well. And holy cow. Having that set in my mind has already helped me so much in this journey. Our mission vision is "Becoming One with the Messiah, the Members, and the Missionaries-- Many Mighty Miracles". I know that this is true. I've seen the hand of God in every day.
                                                                           

We have had exciting moments, like cheer in the car all the home exciting. We have also had moments where we sobbed on the living room floor with our hearts broken. And we've had moments where we just laughed our heads off. But God's hand is in it all. There's been miracles every single day.

Like seeing one of our investigators in the chapel when we walked back in after taking a call. That was one of THE BEST feelings.

I cannot wait to see what the rest of this brings.


Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Brightman




 
Most of the district from CCM in the van from the Dallas airport

No comments:

Post a Comment